- Brush twice a day. Do it for at least two minutes each time. Make sure to scrub the tongue as well.
- Floss at least once a day. Flossing is more important than anything else, but often overlooked.
- Use mouthwash twice a day. It helps kill bacteria.
- After every meal either rinse your mouth out or chew gum. Get those crumbs out of there before they can do any damage.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 months. Or whenever the bristles wear down.
- Avoid foods with a lot of sugar.Bacteria thrive on a high-sugar diet.
- Use a straw to drink soft drinks and juices. This way the drinks won’t come in contact with your teeth.
- Avoid eating chips. They tend to get stuck in your teeth more than other foods.
Finding dental work on the cheap:
- Find a dental school in your area. Students need the work, so you can often times find treatment for cheap our potentially for free.
- Find a low income clinic in your area. There is a chance they have a dentist on staff that works on the cheap.
- Call a dentist in your area. Explain your situation. Dental staffs are always super friendly, and won’t hesitate to refer you to someone who could help you out.